PaperPlane is a UX Design Solutions Agency focused on combining user centered design with cutting edge technology to deliver compelling experiences that moves markets and transforms businesses for more than 22 years. We are committed to building world-class digital products and experiences in an environment where designers and engineers love to work.
PaperPlane has proudly followed and stood by its mission statement of No Mediocrity through its journey. Our team is small, tightly-knit and every member closely supports the others. We find this expands the broad set of skills the team possesses.
As a Senior Full Stack Developer, you will interact with an Agile team of other developers, designers, testers and product managers to architect and create awesome web products. We are looking for someone with a passion for technology, a self-motivated and results oriented individual with the ability to work effectively with other team members.
PaperPlane is right for you, if you can…
- A Strong understanding of Data modeling and 3+ years of experience in any SQL or NoSQL Database
- Extensive hands-on experience developing and deploying large web applications.
- A solid understanding of how the web works − REST, Web Security, Traditional Web Pages and SPAs.
- Experience using browser APIs and manipulating the DOM. Converting designs into working code should be second nature to you.
- A keen eye for identifying performance bottlenecks and preventing them preemptively.
- Possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to translate your solutions to code.
- A solid understanding of Git with experience in branch and merge as well as pull requests.
- Ability to write good, useful unit tests.
- Fearless ability to identify bottlenecks in design and provide feedback on usability.
- Familiarity with UI patterns will help.
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM.
- Be ready to work in an environment of perfection and compliance to standards and high design quality benchmarks.
Other responsibilities include…
- Requirement Analysis, estimation and technical solution architecture.
- Finalizing user task flows and application logic with inputs from the various teams.
- Communicating overall implications of your proposed solutions.
- Interact with the Designer / Design Team during the design process to finalize interaction. flows and provide insight into technological limitations & possibilities
- Adopting a Sprint based development methodology and be deeply involved with Sprint Planning and Release Management
Technical Process Supervision
- Ensure Process adherence by the Engineering team across all phases of each Project while capturing the uniqueness with each Project Delivery Process.
- Interact closely with internal & external resources through the entire development / production / testing cycle
- Suggest usability enhancements in the context of the workflow and interactions as they get built out by conducting regular progress reviews in the form of feature-based demos.
- Ensuring the Engineering Team consistently meets Timelines & Quality Standards.
- Identify and implement regular process optimisation initiatives.
- Conduct regular Performance Audits & recommend Performance improvement measures.
Training and Mentoring
- Create training materials and programs for internal teams to aid in their skills growth.
- Conduct regular training workshops with technology / engineering / product/project teams, educating them on best practices and techniques in Web Technologies.
- Mentor Engineering Team members with emphasis on helping you perform more effectively.
- Identify areas of strength & areas of improvements in team members and assign tasks accordingly.
- Maintain an awareness of industry trends, business conditions and internal processes and practice to ensure the success of programs and initiatives.
You’ll be a good fit if…
- Can express your love for programming and impress us by demonstrating real world projects you have built.
- Bang out quality code, built quickly, efficiently, and by adopting programming best practices.
- Are thrilled at the prospect of creating innovative products with a global reach.
- Consider work as fun - a passion to learn and build things you can feel proud of.
- Aspire for excellence and are not satisfied with being just good enough.
- You own what you code - even the bugs you create.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- You are a flexible, self-starter & who enjoys solving problems and technical challenge.
- You are a team player with passion – you understand, respect and honour personal & cultural differences.
- You have a fearless ability to jump lower in the stack to solve important problems.
- Strong organizational and time management skills – know what you need to do, and DO IT!
- You enjoy working in a Collaborative environment.
- Are keen to develop your own skills and extend your influence.
Additional brownie points if you have…
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience in Jest.
- Experience in developing a Cloud Product.
- Made Open-source contributions.
If this is you, than we want you to board, Paper Plane.
What You’ll love about PaperPlane:
- Medical and Accident Insurance.
- Travel Reimbursements.
- Work From Home until pandemic conditions pass.
- Team Lunches & Outings when we can all meet again :)
- Annual offsite with team building and fun activities somewhere outside town.
- Casual, yet professional and collaborative working environment and an open door policy.
- Fun Friday’s - our very own wind down program for the week.
- Self-directed projects and freedom to pursue RnD.
- Brush up your presentation skills by presenting your Fundae – our monthly company-wide Knowledge Sharing Sessions Fun @ Work (Celebrating Festivals, Birthday & Work Anniversaries)
- Huge scope for personal growth and progression – we embrace your professional development goals and facilitate learning in your passionate areas
PaperPlane is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital/civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability or race.