PaperPlane is a 22 year-old Web Solutions company focused on combining user centered design with cutting edge technology to deliver compelling experiences that moves markets and transforms businesses. We are committed to building world-class digital products and experiences in an environment where designers and engineers love to work.
PaperPlane has proudly followed and stood by its mission statement of No Mediocrity through its journey. Our team is small, tightly-knit and every member closely supports the others. We find this expands the broad set of skills the team possesses.
PaperPlane is looking for a self-driven Senior Front End developer for our Mumbai office, who can bridge the gap between the design and engineering team to deliver pixel perfect rich user interfaces and interactions.
PaperPlane is right for you, if you can…
- Convert a design mock up to a Light, Clean, Semantic, Scalable, Section 508 compliant interface adhering to W3C standards
- Work closely with the Project Leaders to deliver pixel perfect, bug free interface by writing quality code and within estimated timeline
- Optimize the interface across various Browsers/Devices/Platform
- Develop Emailers for different email Clients/Browsers and devices
- Optimize the page for various search engines by following standard SEO guidelines
- Test and optimize the page for performance specially using Google page speed and ySlow
- Contribute to & maintain Paper Plane proprietary re-usable code libraries and frameworks.
- Extend Frameworks like Bootstrap, Materialise as per Project Requirements
- Follow Design Methodologies like Atomic Design & create reusable components
- Create Themes in Frameworks like Wordpress and SuiteCommerce Advanced
Other responsibilities include…
- Requirement Analysis and estimation
- Finalizing user task flows and application logic with inputs from the various teams
- Communicating overall implications of your proposed solutions
- Interacting with the Designer / Design Team during the design process to finalize interaction flows and provide insight into technological limitations & possibilities
- Adopting a Sprint based development methodology and be deeply involved with Sprint Planning and Release Management
Technical Process Supervision
- Ensure Process adherence by Front End team across all phases of each Project while capturing the uniqueness with each Project Delivery Process
- Interacting closely with internal & external resources through the entire development / production / testing cycle
- Suggest usability enhancements in the context of the workflow and interactions as they get built out by conducting regular progress reviews in the form of feature-based demos
- Ensuring the Front End Team consistently meets Timelines & Quality Standards
- Identify and implement regular Process optimisation initiatives
- Conduct regular Performance Audits and recommend Performance improvement measures
- Identify core delivery processes and the measures to be used to manage them
- Maintain an awareness of industry trends, business conditions and internal processes and practice to ensure the success of complex program and initiatives.
Learning, R&D and Setting Quality Benchmarks
- Keep pushing the boundaries of Standards Based Web Development, which will involve an understanding of W3C Standards for XHTML, CSS as well Accessibility Standards.
- Create internal front-end and scripting standards and benchmarks that must be communicated and adopted by the entire team. These standards must undergo a regular review and update process.
- Establish Best Practices around commonly used frameworks like jQuery.
- Research into emerging technologies like D3.js, Angular JS among others
- Participate in and create workshops to expose new technologies to the production team in the form of intra-department Fundaes.
Training and Mentoring
- Create training materials and programs for internal teams to aid in their skills growth.
- Conduct regular training workshops with technology / engineering / product/project teams, educating them on best practices and techniques in Web Technologies.
- Mentor Front End Team members with emphasis on helping the Front-end Services team lead perform more effectively.
- Identify areas of strength & areas of improvements in team members and assign tasks accordingly.
You’ll be a good fit if…
- You have experience in Front end development.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have the ability to work in an environment of perfection and compliance to web standards and high design quality benchmarks.
- You are a flexible, self-starter & who enjoys solving problems and technical challenge.
- You are a team player with passion – you understand, respect and honour personal & cultural differences.
- You possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- You have a fearless ability to jump lower in the stack to solve important problems.
- Strong organizational and time management skills – know what you need to do, and DO IT!
- You enjoy working in a Collaborative environment.
- Are keen to develop your own skills and extend your influence.
A few extra brownie points for experience in:
- SVG, Canvas.
- Experienced in Angular/backbone/templating systems.
- Integration with third party API’s such as FB, Twitter, Sound cloud.
- Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, Magento.
If this is you… we want you to board PaperPlane.
What You’ll love about PaperPlane:
- Medical and Accident Insurance.
- Travel Reimbursements.
- Work From Home until pandemic conditions pass.
- Team Lunches & Outings when we can all meet again :)
- Annual offsite with team building and fun activities somewhere outside town.
- Casual, yet professional and collaborative working environment and an open door policy.
- Fun Friday’s - our very own wind down program for the week.
- Self-directed projects and freedom to pursue RnD.
- Brush up your presentation skills by presenting your Fundae – our monthly company-wide Knowledge Sharing Sessions Fun @ Work (Celebrating Festivals, Birthday & Work Anniversaries)
- Huge scope for personal growth and progression – we embrace your professional development goals and facilitate learning in your passionate areas.
PaperPlane is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital/civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability or race.